ABOUT SOUTHLAND RESOURCES
Southland Resources is a leading producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry from surface mines located in Brookwood, Alabama, southwest of Birmingham and near Tuscaloosa. Our cost-efficient operations serve markets in the United States, Europe, India, and South America via convenient barge access to the Port of Mobile.
- Privately owned and operated coal mining company headquartered in Brookwood, Alabama.
- A team of 85 mining professionals led by President Pat A. (Buddy) Jones and his daughter Amanda Jones.
- Producer of metallurgical and industrial grade coals in the Black Warrior Coal Basin of Alabama
- Coal and aggregate barge loading facility located on the Black Warrior River near Holt Lock and Dam.
- ALDOT approved aggregate producer.